Viewing All "clothes" Posts
Current @COSStores Crush…
I went to the COS, Collection of Style, store at @westfieldlondon and fell in love with these gorgeous spring/summer pieces. When one shouldn’t be spending any money on clothes… what does one do?
Go WINDOW SHOPPING.
COS have a way of making their clothes feel timeless. Their stores are always beautifully mapped out, with varying hues of colour flowing from front to back, side to side. This time, I was drawn to their blue section. But their collection of burnt orange, stark white and evergreen always catches my eye. COS believes in style over fashion and so you’ll find dresses, shirts, trousers, coats, jackets, shoes and knits that will stand the test of time and easily become your classic go-to wardrobe staples. • Functional design crafted from simple ideas - COS • The quality of the fabric and cut of each garment is exceptional, something that can be hard to find in highstreet fashion.
Things I tried on and still are desperate to buy…
- Straight cotton shirt dress in periwinkle blue, £69, COS
- Side drape linen dress in petrol blue, £69, COS
- Side pleat dress in taupe(also available in navy), £59, COS
- Black leather sandals, as seen in photos, also COS
- I LOVE LOVE LOVE this little - possibly silk - printed zip-up summer jacket. I can’t find it on the COS Stores website yet, but it was £79 and I want it.
In fact, I NEED IT IN MY
(For reference: I’m wearing a size 8, which is an XS, in the photos above.)
Photography © Lucie Kerley
#BLOGGED Summer lovin’ (what I want to wear when the weather gets warmer…)
Like a breath of summer air, that’s what opening my little YBD parcel felt like. I was greeted by zingy orange Charlotte Taylor, sea blue mermaid-style Atalanta Weller and stunning Meli Melo butter-soft arm candy. I immediately wanted to unwrap them all, call my friends and tell them to get dressed up so that we could all go out and play*.
What I’m wearing:
- Zebra Cotton Mini Dress by Charlotte Taylor at Young British Designers
- Apricot Suede Cropped Biker Jacket by H&M - an oldie but a goodie - similar ones are often available on eBay for a bargain!
- Thela Bag in soft navy leather by Meli Melo at Young British Designers
- Sea Blue Sandal Wedges by Atalanta Weller at Young British Designers
- Beaded multi-colour bracelet, a lovely little shop in Puerto Pollensa, Majorca
- Spike and pearl chainlink necklace from Topshop (2012)
- Eagle handchain and ring from Topshop (2012) - see similar handchains here.
(*Read: Drink mojitos + dance to 90s RnB and a bit of 00s garage until our feet hurt and our faces ached from smiling.)
BLOGGED | The #LFW TahirSultan Katch London Fashion Scout show, where I met the lovely @Reena_Rai, @FashionNBarbie, @HiFashionSherin and @BumpkinBetty.
On Tuesday, I attended the Tahir Sultan AW13 #LFW show, courtesy of the lovely Amy @Wolfwhistle and Katch London. Another great Fashion Scout show at the Freemason’s Hall, Great Queen Street, Covent Garden. 19.02.13
The catwalk models hair was incredible, such a simple yet retro-cool vibe which emanated throughout the show. The effect was rather striking.
My favourite pieces from Tahir Sultan’s AW13 collection include the taupe/grey coloured trench coat, the pretty peach, pink and pastel floaty dresses, the leather biker jacket and the GORGEOUS gem-stone embellished black cape. Soooo wearable, I want it all!
It was great to finally meet a few of my favourite fashion bloggers and their friends. If I’ve learnt anything from attending my first London Fashion Week, it is that socially IT IS AMAZING! You meet very cool people, in the flesh, that you’d spent the rest of the year chatting to on Twitter. Crazy! It’s great to put Twitter handles to faces.
Check out these lovely ladies on Twitter and their fab blogs:
* @Reena_Rai - http://www.fashiondaydreams.com
* @HiFashionSherin - http://www.thehifashionsite.com/
* @bumpkinbetty - http://www.bumpkinbetty.com
* @FashionNBarbie - http://www.fashionistabarbieuk.com
Lucie Loves | Tahir Sultan AW13 #LFW Katch London / Fashion Scout show, (Click to view whole album on flickr)
Photography © Lucie Kerley
#todayimwearing Music, plait and print.
Aaw! There I am! Hehe! Love you @YBDfashion!! #shewearsitwell #youngbritishdesigners.
Tried on this £10 dress & still no purchase! I think too many vodka cocktails @daloo3auk @movidalondon impaired my ability to shop. Damn! I decided to nip to Primark to check out their version of the black slinky midi dress I tried on in @topshop recently. I don’t know if it’s the strange mood I’m in this evening or just the fact I didn’t LOVE it as much as I did the Topshop £29 version (see previous Instagram snap) Hmmm.
Lips & nails. Going dark and vampy this evening to add a nice bit of contrast to my pretty crochet collar blouse.
Check mate! Great night @Daloo3a launch with @wolfwhistle @katchlondon. These proved to be pretty comfy photography pants! I wasn’t sure about these black and white @topshop denim leggings at first but now I love them!
I love working with Indian ink, you’ve got to be sooo careful though as you can’t make mistakes, I was a little bit ‘off’ around the mouth and jawline… But oh well! It was fun.
Last night @TheTrafalgar c/o @urbeautique.
A Zarina Liew @CobaltCafe fashion illustration (of me) in progress. I asked for floaty and ethereal. I love her statement necklace too!
#WANT this @topshop Americana Bomber Jacket.
Spotted in @stylistmagazine. I believe, @shellyvella, this is what you’d call a #lusthave. ;-)
#Todayimwearing my ‘First Day’ at my new London job #ootd!
I opted for:
- a vintage white lace bib-front button-back blouse from Tea Gowns & Textiles in Leominster
- my @topshop green boucle pinafore
- black @tightsplease tights
- my brogue brown/ tweed ankle boots
- my camel coat & leather satchel
- @topshop gold beaded collar
- a black oversized @newlook_fashion tee
- Primark black acid-wash leggings
- Primark charcoal body top (worn underneath)
- Silly blue ankle socks (because it’s cold)
- Black espadrilles (because I’m packing all my shoes ready to move house and will not be leaving the house anytime soon!)
- @officialbarbour vintage quilted jacket
- @topshop skinny jeans
- Topshop wool hat
- @hmunitedkingdom oversized striped tee
- Primark brogue-style tweed-detail ankle boots
- Camel knit cardigan.
Wish I had known how cold it was today before wearing this little Ben Sherman rose print tweed box jacket. At least I’ve got a woolly hat on!