Viewing All "designer" Posts
What’s in the box?!? My @annalouoflondon surprise. #annalougetspersonal
Six of the best! Excuse the pun but I think these leather bags are totes amazing!
Whatever your ‘armcandy’ budget there’s bound to be a bag to fit.
I recently got asked to lookout for nice leather tote bags on my travels and decided to pick six of my favourites.
If you’re looking at the highstreet end of the spectrum and not wanting to spends too many £’s my go-to stores to try are usually: Zara, Cos and Topshop.
(Pictured left to right - top row: highstreet, bottom row: designer)
- Mini Leather Tote, £59.99, Zara
- Olive Green Leather Tote, £135, Cos
- Patchwork panel tote, £85, Topshop
But, if you’ve got £££’s cash to spend and fancy investing in something high-end/designer I suggest you indulge in a little something by the likes of Sophie Hulme or check out Farfetch.com.
- Sophie Hulme tote, £555 at Young British Designers. I have the olive green one and it’s AMAZING! It only gets better with age.
- Susan Bijl tote, £349.17 at Farfetch.com (not pictured)
- Wood Wood tote, £134.64 at Farfetch.com
- Works UNLTD tote, £214.53 at Farfetch.com
Which one is your favourite? If you know of another amazing tote maker please let me know.
May I introduce to you the delightful Jenson.
The gorgeous chicks @LamaPeach of www.lamapeach.com were very kind and sent me these fabulous custom-made (in Italy!!!) python leather boots.
OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD.
I received a little message on my tumblr blog around Christmas as was literally jumping up and down with joy at what it said. (See photo)
You may have seen me in outfit shots wearing another of Lama Peach’s boots - Paige, these were from www.youngbritishdesigners.com. They were THE boots to see me through last summer.
Festivals, parties, shopping trips, beach days, etc, etc.
For 5 ways to wear Lama Peach have a peak at these outfits featuring my Paige laser cut cowboy boots:
They currently stock at pair called Payton, which are a similar style to my Paige ones. Soooo nice! Perfect summer ankle boots.
Lama Peach does very cool footwear. Not only does it look HOTTT, but they also produce boots that are comfy as hell. Never a blister will grace this foot wearing these badboys.
So, Jenson, will be gracing my feet a LOT this spring/summer 2013.
What will you be treating your tootsies too?
Check out more SS13 footwear at www.lamapeach.com and follow them on twitter @LamaPeach.
THANK YOU LAMA & YOUR LOVELY CHICKS!!!! MMMMWAH!!! XXXX
Photography © Lucie Kerley
P.S I’ve already been eyeing up other snakeprint accessories like this White Rock Snake Camera Bag from Young British Designers, by Meli Melo:
My Farfetch.com lust-have SS13 outfit #1
My Farfetch.com lust-have SS13 outfit #2_Print Clash Colour-Pop_
- NOEMI KLEIN multi chain branch necklace, £180
- BALENCIAGA floral print dress, £3552.92
- CHLOÉ buckled ankle boot, £584.80
- TWIST’N’SCOUT moon stone necklace, £85.47
- KENZO printed sweater, £230
- ALICE+OLIVIA embroidered skinny jean, £131.08
- GIUSEPPE ZANOTTI DESIGN pointed toe pump, £341.89
BLOGGED | The #LFW TahirSultan Katch London Fashion Scout show, where I met the lovely @Reena_Rai, @FashionNBarbie, @HiFashionSherin and @BumpkinBetty.
On Tuesday, I attended the Tahir Sultan AW13 #LFW show, courtesy of the lovely Amy @Wolfwhistle and Katch London. Another great Fashion Scout show at the Freemason’s Hall, Great Queen Street, Covent Garden. 19.02.13
The catwalk models hair was incredible, such a simple yet retro-cool vibe which emanated throughout the show. The effect was rather striking.
My favourite pieces from Tahir Sultan’s AW13 collection include the taupe/grey coloured trench coat, the pretty peach, pink and pastel floaty dresses, the leather biker jacket and the GORGEOUS gem-stone embellished black cape. Soooo wearable, I want it all!
It was great to finally meet a few of my favourite fashion bloggers and their friends. If I’ve learnt anything from attending my first London Fashion Week, it is that socially IT IS AMAZING! You meet very cool people, in the flesh, that you’d spent the rest of the year chatting to on Twitter. Crazy! It’s great to put Twitter handles to faces.
Check out these lovely ladies on Twitter and their fab blogs:
* @Reena_Rai - http://www.fashiondaydreams.com
* @HiFashionSherin - http://www.thehifashionsite.com/
* @bumpkinbetty - http://www.bumpkinbetty.com
* @FashionNBarbie - http://www.fashionistabarbieuk.com
Lucie Loves | Tahir Sultan AW13 #LFW Katch London / Fashion Scout show, (Click to view whole album on flickr)
Photography © Lucie Kerley
On my way to @tahirsultan @KatchLondon @FashionScout #LFW. Check out my photos from other shows I attended. www.lucieloves.co.uk/tagged/LFW #london #freemasonshall #afashionablenightout #designer #tahirsultan #fbloggers
My ticket to @TahirSultan has arrived for tomorrow’s #LFW show! Thank you @KatchLondon @wolfwhistle #excited #event #london #fashionweek #designer #aw13 #bestoftheday
Queuing up for @krystofstrozyna #AW13 #LFW. #freemasonshall #london #fashion #invite #show #designer #neon #nails #photo #bestoftheday
After reading the March edition of British Vogue, I’ve been absorbed into the spirit of spring/ summer ‘13 fashion, with its enticingly sweet candyfloss pink and baby blue hues, a smattering of textures and delicate detailing. I’m enthralled!
These are just a few of the pretty pretty’s that have caught my eye on the www.avenue32.com web boutique.
From the top:
- Giles, Peach cut out dress - so so pretty with its laser cut detailing and silk lining. Set off this dress with some equally striking shoes in a warm gold colour.
- Peter Som, Aqua lace dress - I adore the simple T-shirt cut of this chantilly lace covered maxi dress. Add a long pendant style locket to finish off the look.
- Yigal Azrouël, Marble night silk gown - Such a great athletic take on what is one damn sexy dress. I’d like to see this worn with a metallic clutch and pastel strap mans-style watch.
- Chalayan, Peach maxi dress - a classically cut maxi dress with a ‘look-at-me’ v-cut button-up back. Oooh la la! Wear it with your hair in a messy half-up half-down type do’,
- Todd Lynn, Stripe chiffon zande dress - I can picture SJP as Carrie Bradshaw wearing this outfit on a hot NYC summer’s day or perhaps when she went to Paris! Worn with simply gorgeous sun-kissed tousled locks.
- Wunderkind, Multi floral cotton dress - reminiscent of something that Valentino or even Zuhair Murad might have dreamt up (see my pinterest board ‘fashion & style outfit inspiration’ and ‘love is all you need’for reference, and you’ll see where I’m going with this.)
- Giles, Pink jacquard pleated dress - Hello, Audrey Hepburn dress! I can imagine a great contemporary bee-hive hair do’ and pretty little heeled pumps making this dress perfect for SS13.
Double-Oh heaven! Hello Mr Bond Coatigan. A perfect ‘throw-it-on-it’s-the-weekend’ piece.
Meet @YBDfashion Young Brit Designers Zoe Jordan’s latest stunning piece of Autumn/ Winter Outerwear! Oh so very chic, this collarless wool-spun cocoon coat will see you right through this chilly next season! I love how the subtle check pattern matches the auburn colour of my hair! A happy coincidence… it’s the little things in life that make us smile after all!
- The Bond Coat by Zoe Jordan @ Young British Designers
- The Grosvenor Jumper by Zoe Jordan @ Young British Designers
- Navy Chunky Knit Hat, Urban Outfitters
- Studded Leather Knee Boots, Primark
- Velvet Leggings by Topshop
Photography © jmgcreative Styling & Edit: Lucie Kerley
Dress like a lady! That’s how wearing @CharlotteTaylor’s Trumpet Lantern Scarf Dress will make you feel! I threw this dress on with my @DrMartens #Darla Heeled Chelsea Boots and my Goldie London Studded Biker Jacket on a recent trip to visit my family up North! I like to make an effort…
The dress is one of my all time favourite shapes. I feel it works well for my 5ft 6” height and figure, as the pattern, cut and length are designed to hug and flatter your curves as are the capped sleeves and concealed rear zip! The Navy, Gold and Cream colour palette are ones that work well for smart day-to-night dressing.
- Trumpet Lantern Scarf Dress by Charlotte Taylor @ Young British Designers
- Dr Martens Darla Heeled Chelsea Boots
- Goldie London Stacey Studded Faux Leather Biker Jacket @ Topshop
(Image: Young British Designers) What a gorgeous dress!
Photography © jmgcreative
Oh my! #JunyaWatanabe you’ve found a new fan girl! I adore these beautiful Velvet Jacquard dresses @NETAPORTER! Anyone fancying parting with a few bob and buying me one ( or two) for Christmas? I’ve been ever sooo good, I promise! #fashion #lusthave #beautiful #want #dress #japanese #designer #print #fblogger #style #christmas #shopping #luxury
Look who arrived in the post this morning! @jamfactory #Droplets & #Treeson @bubi #VinylToys. Thank you @crazylabel!
THEY’RE COMING!!! My NEW @charliemay aka GirlALaMode #FIRSTANDFOREVER @DRMARTENS Prize arrives tomorrow!
Sooo, remember when I went to the seaside, got on a horse, donned my new pair of #Darla Dr Martens Heeled Chelsea Boots and entered the Charlie May + Dr Martens #FIRSTANDFOREVER Individual Style, United Spirit competition?
Well, if you didn’t hear my exciting news already… you’ll be pleased to know…
I WON! YIPPEE!!
Here’s what I chose from the amazing Dr Martens online store, after spending a good few days deliberating over which ones to get…
Dr Martens Clemency Boot, Black, £100
Dr Martens 1460 Boot Cherry Red Milled Smooth, £110
Dr Martens Spike Boot, Black, £275
I can’t wait to try them on, bounce up and down, and do a bit of stomping as I work my #OOTD’s around them.
Thank you Dr Martens & the gorgeous Charlie May !
(images: Dr Martens)
If you want to be in with a chance of winning some Dr Marten’s clobber… then enter here:
#FIRSTANDFOREVER Individual Style, United Spirit competition
When I Met @YBDfashion #Fashion Designer @ByYanTo at his studio & played dress-up | Looking back over #SS12 and his gorgeous creations!
When I got offered the chance to go and meet one of Young British Designers fashion designer darlings, Yan To, I jumped at the chance! Described as ‘an innovative womenswear label’ I was intrigued to see him in action. I trundled over to meet Yan To at his studio and had a fabulous time photographing him as he worked on his SS13 collection and also got chance to try on a few of his SS12 pieces!
Yan To explained that he is all about creating pieces that make the women who wear them feel fantastic.
“Design for me is a love affair. My philosophy is that the foundation of love is the understanding of how a woman wants to feel when she is wearing a dress.” — Yan To
Here’s a few more of my FAVOURITE SS12 Yan To dresses.
This navy wool dress with multicolour ruffle detail collar is the perfect length dress for my 5ft 6” height - long torso and not so long legs. The colours are awesome too!
Another stunning and rather experimental Yan To piece. The dress features glass, aluminium and Swarovski crystal detailing! I wore this to a friends wedding and it got some fabulous compliments. Figure hugging, and still rather modest. Sexy monochrome at it’s very best.
The Yan To Black Halterneck Dress with Ruffle Trim. Hello LBD! I love the concertina effect of the ruffle detail on this dress. All lovingly stitched into place.
The Yan To Elastic Sunshine Yellow/ Gold Dress has the scoop-de-la-scoop of necklines, and gracefully grazes your shoulders only to plunge down at the back as the elasticated design holds you in around the stomach and also emphasises your curves and (ahem) tiny waist. The peek-a-boo black and electric blue ruffle detail around the bottom half of the garment adds textural interest.
The Yan To Grey Dress with Multicolour Elastic Insert, another of my FAVOURITE pieces from the SS12 collection. I love the clash of red and electric blue against the pale grey body-con dress.
The Yan To Grass Maxi Dress. This dress reminded me of something that you might see the gorgeous Paloma Faith wearing, and with its cute peplum-esq matching tailored green grass-effect jacket, it was actually rather fun to try on! The low-slit back detail was very sexy too I thought!
Who doesn’t love frolicking around and playing dress-up in a designer’s studio? I certainly do!
Interested in seeing what Designer Yan To has got in store for us this AW12 & SS13?
Have a look…
Follow them on Twitter:
Yan To @ByYanTo
Young British Designers @YBDFashion
Photography © Lucie Kerley / Yan To.